#header-inner {text-align: right ;}
A collection of pictures and memories in the life of a very unique girl

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Amy, Dear Friend

Hello there.

I know I don't post much now because of how busy I am with school, but I feel that I should post this.

To anyone who reads or finds my blog and doesn't know Amy Calderone, she was a wonderful, God-honoring woman who longed to be with her Savior. On Tuesday, December 14th, Amy experienced a hemorrhage in her brain in the area that controls vital functions. Surgeries were done to place drains in her head to decrease her intracranial pressure (ICP). Since that day, she fought kidney failure, clotting issues including DIC (blood coagulation) problems, further bleeding in her brain, and intense ICP. About two days ago, she developed another hemorrhage in the part of her brain that controls the memory among other things.

Last night, at 10:59pm Eastern, this precious girl passed away. She was 19 years old.

Amy is with the LORD of lords now, but the pain is still great. Her family is in need of much prayer in this time. Please pray for Dave and Patty (the parents), Dan, Jack and Juli, Laura and Aaron, and Stephen (the kids and their spouses). Pray for peace, strength, and the knowledge that God works everything together for the good of those who love Him.

~Meghan

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just saying. You should post more often.

I miss Amy too.

Meghan said...

Sorry Mary - I've just been really busy :P

I know. We all do. But remember: "You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You." Isaiah 26:3.