#header-inner {text-align: right ;}
A collection of pictures and memories in the life of a very unique girl

Sunday, November 7, 2010

An Interesting Friday...

It started like any other Friday - history co-op in the morning, a performance in the afternoon, Godspell rehearsal (I'm singing BGV), and driving to Bowie (I'm playing pit orchestra for West Side Story with Bowie High School) when IT happened.

We had a green light and went straight; the other lane had a red turn light. A black Jeep Cherokee ran the light and crashed into the front quarter of our car, rocking the car and sending it over almost a lane's worth of road.

I screamed. I admit. Not to mention that seeing plastic go skidding across your windshield and hear the seemingly endless crunching and grinding and smashing of metal on metal was a little odd, as well as being thrown about the back seat (yes, I wore a seatbelt). Chris was driving, and there were three other people - including Caiti - in the car besides me and him.

We waited an hour for the police (yeah, no joke) and an ambulance (the other driver was hurt; their car had been destroyed), then another hour and a half for the tow truck. Then Mom and Dad (who had driven all the way up to Laurel, where the accident happened) drove us to the hospital to be checked out. There, they put us in blankets (I was shaking) and c-collars (those neck brace things - so annoying) for safety measures. After discovering that we were mostly okay, just shaken and sore, they gave us some meds and sent us home.

Yup. Just another day in the life... sort of :)

~MJ

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally! A post! Hope the other driver is okay. Must have been interesting to be thrown about a backseat while wearing a seatbelt. Scary-interesting, I mean.

The police must be as bad as the MVA about timeliness and short waits. Hmmm. Remind me not to get into automobile accidents.

And I'm sure you've heard this before, but I can't resist: "Mankind created the automobile. Not to be outdone, Chuck Norris created the automobile accident." Hope you feel less sore quickly!

chichi said...

I WAS THEREEEE. wow....."three other people"....lol ;)

Meghan said...

well i didn't want to say who :)